WHAT is the Midnight Run?
The Midnight Run (MNR) is an urban movement created on 2005 by the word & graphic artist Inua Ellams from London (’84, Nigerian origins): writer, theatre performer and graphic designer (among his clients: Tate Modern, BBC, Coca Cola, Puma). Since 2011, CCT-SeeCity promotes The MNR in Italy and in the world! On September 2012, CCT has organized the first MNRs abroad UK in two Italian cities: Firenze and Milano. In June 2013, we made it in Barcelona. And this year we are back in Spain, the capital city: Madrid, Saturday 26th July 2014.
The MNR is a 12-hour walk (from 6pm to 6am) lead by Inua and 5 local artists with 30 participants. The walk is half organized and half spontaneous; during the various stops, the artists make live performances involving even passers-by.
Tour (12 hours of Art & Fun) + Lomography workshop (camera on loan + 2 rolls + analogical & digital photo album) + Dinner + 2 Drinks + Breakfast + Metro + Bag with little special surprises!
Saturday 26th July 2014 at 5.30 pm @ KM 0 – Puerta del Sol, Madrid.
MNR DRESS CODE
Smiles & COMFORTABLE Shoes!
MNR+CCT bag with MNR Map, CCT-Stickers and other little surprises…
MNR TOUR (work-in-progress!):
– KM 0 @ Puerta del Sol, Madrid
– Barrio de las Letras: Calle de las Huertas…
– La Fábrica: meeting Lomography! (6.30 pm)
– Lavapiés: Calle de Miguel Servet;
– La Tabacalera: meeting Street Artist & Dj Ciril Verdal (7.30 pm)
– Usera: meeting “Robert Walser” (9.30 pm)
– PicNic Dinner @ Matadero Madrid
– Acoustic Concert by Paco Cifuentes @ El Apartamento (00.00)
– A travel game @ Chueca & Barrio de las Maravillas (Malasaña)
– Cuartel de la Montaña (3.00 am)
– Poetry @ Templo de Debod
– Clase de Baile Libre con Valeria @ La Latina
– Chocolate con Churros @ Chocolateria San Gines (5.00 am)
– Saludos @ Arganzuela Footbridge: El Puente de Perrault (Madrid Río). ¡buenos dias!
THE END: Sunday 27th July 2014 at 6.00 am @ Templo de Debod.
Inua Ellams + local ARTISTS:
– THEATRE BY FOOT: ”El Paseo de Robert Walser“ by Marc Caellas (Director, Barcelona) & Esteban Feune de Colombi (Actor, Buenos Aires)
– STREET ART: Ciril Vidal (Street Artist & Dj)
– STREET PHOTOGRAPHER: Pasquale Caprile (Lomography Ambassador Spain) @Lomography Spain
– VIDEOMAKER: Stefano Caprile & Alejandra Cano @Lomography Spain
– MUSIC: Paco Cifuentes
Additional info here: The Midnight Run!
Facebook Event: The [Madrid] Midnight Run * 26/27 Jul.’14
* For people who, instead of sleeping, want to live dreams… #MNRmadrid
NOTE: We’ll keep up to date this post with all the information until the event date. Now, if you don’t know what The Midnight Run is, let’s have a look HERE. While, if you already know it and you maybe have also participated to our two past editions, you can revive those magic nights through our video and photo reportages at the same link.
CCT-SeeCity: The Guidezine about Seeties, Places and People.
La Fábrica: Photo Gallery & Cultural Organization in Madrid since 1995.
Lomography: The global community passionate about creative and experimental analogue photography.
El Apartamento: Pseudo-bohemian Attic for Artists & Micro Theatre.
You-Are-Beautiful.com: The Little Sticker That in 2002 Started a Worldwide Phenomenon.
Holy Drink: HOLY is a wellness drink with vitamins, extracts and minerals. No sugar, no fat, 3 calories. Protect, detox and replenish your body.
In the Midnight motto, ‘star’ can be taken literally,
or as a metaphor for art, artists, experiences
and the people in the shadow of the city,
in which case it takes on a beauty and importance:
The Midnight Run //
Cause we can’t see stars for fumes
we turn to smashed glass, believing
shards shine like constellations do.